SOUTH CAROLINA UNITED FC
PLAYER REGISTRATION WAIVERS AND AGREEMENTS
Players, parents, coaches and fans represent South Carolina United FC when our teams play. The actions of one of us affect the image of all of us. This Code of Conduct encourages us to work together to play with good sportsmanship and to treat players, coaches, referees and parents with respect.
Players Code of Conduct
1. I will treat referees with Respect.
I will accept referee calls with respect and not argue, complain or verbally harass a referee during or after a game
2. I will treat my coach with Respect.
I will come to practice and games with a positive attitude and obey the coach’s rules.
3. I will treat my teammates and other teams with Respect.
Whether we win or lose, I will do so with class and not “trash talk” players on my team or opposing teams.
4. I will not bring alcohol, tobacco, family pets or drugs to soccer practice or games.
5. I will not use profanity at soccer practice or games.
6. I will not physically or verbally assault another player, coach, referee or spectator.
I understand that physically or verbally assaulting another player, coach, referee or spectator will result in automatic dismissal from South Carolina United FC
7. I understand the SCYSA and USYSA set suspensions for Red Cards.
1st red card in a season is a minimum 1 game suspension; 2nd red card in the same season is a minimum 2 game suspension; 3rd red card in the same season is a possible 10-month suspension.
Parent Code of Conduct
1. Treat Referees with Respect
There are no circumstances in which a parent should confront a referee during or after a game
Do not verbally harass a referee
2. Treat Your Coach with Respect
Ensure your child and all of his/her equipment gets to the games and practices on time.
Pick up your child promptly at the end of games or practices; don’t make the coaches wait for you.
Disagreements with the coach do not belong on the public soccer field before, during or after a game or practice. Questions or comments should be voiced later during an adult atmosphere
3. Treat all South Carolina United FC Players, Including your Own Child and Other Teams with Respect
Coaches, not parents, are the ones we entrust to instruct our players. Coaching and/or instructing from the spectator sideline are not permitted. It may confuse, distract or frustrate the players as well as contradict a coach’s instructions
Be positive. Never yell or criticize your child or other players. Don’t expect them to play like professionals.
Avoid confrontations or shouting matches with the parents or fans of an opposing team. Allow your child and other players to have fun playing soccer. Don’t let soccer become a chore!
Whether you win or lose, do so with class.
4. Treat Yourself with Respect
“Motor Mouths Not Welcome”. Constant yelling is very irritating to everyone around.
Learn the rules of soccer; you will enjoy it more. Attend a coaching, parent or referee clinic.
No alcohol, drugs, family pets, profanity or fighting are ever permitted at soccer games or practices.
All grievances should be handled pursuant to the provisions contained in the Conflict Resolution Policy on our web site
Select Players’ Off-Field Code of Conduct
As a registered player representing South Carolina United FC, I acknowledge it is a privilege to represent this Club and my community. Realizing and understanding the importance of doing so in a responsible and respectable manner, I absolutely agree as follows:
1. I will not drink alcohol at any time, place or location. I fully understand I am under the legal age to do so and I understand the club has a zero-tolerance under-age drinking policy which forbids me to do so. In the event it is determined by school officials, law enforcement or any coach of this club that I have consumed alcohol, I fully understand I will be suspended for a minimum of four consecutive matches inclusive of training, practice and all club activities for a first offense, and one full season for a second offense. After each suspension, I shall be required to enroll in and commence participation in an alcohol abuse rehabilitation program before I am able to return to play soccer for South Carolina United FC.
2. I will not use marijuana nor any other illegal drug or controlled substances at any time, place or location. I fully understand the use of non-prescription drugs and controlled substances are against the law. I understand the club has a zero-tolerance drug policy which forbids me to do so. In the event it is determined by school officials, law enforcement or any coach of this club that I have taken illegal drugs or controlled substances, I fully understand I will be suspended for a minimum four consecutive matches inclusive of training, practice and all club activities for a first offense, and one full season for a second offense. After each suspension, I shall be required to enroll in and commence participation in a drug abuse rehabilitation program before I am able to return to play soccer for South Carolina United FC.
3. I will not steal other persons’ property at any time or otherwise commit a crime at any time, place or location. I understand the club has a zero-tolerance theft and crime policy which forbids stealing or committing a crime. In the event it is determined by school officials, law enforcement or any coach of this club, that I have taken another’s property with intent to steal it or to have otherwise committed a crime, I fully understand I will be suspended for a minimum four consecutive matches inclusive of training, practice and all club activities for a first offense, and one full season for a second offense. After each suspension, I shall be required to enroll in and commence participation in a pre-trial intervention program before I am able to return to play soccer for South Carolina United FC.
4. If I am suspended and/or expelled from school, I fully understand I shall also be suspended from South Carolina United FC related activities. When I am reinstated in school, I will be permitted to resume my activities with South Carolina United FC provided however, that if the school disciplinary action was the result of violations of #1, #2 or #3 above, I understand I must serve the match suspensions and satisfy the rehabilitation requirements outlined above for such violations before I can return to the team. This only applies to out-of-school suspensions and expulsions.
5. I fully understand that I am 100% accountable for my own behavior and the decisions. I make and if I chose to engage in any of the above forbidden activities or engage in conduct that causes me to be suspended or expelled from school, I understand I am actually choosing to be disciplined as outlined herein and thereby bring dishonor upon myself, my parents, my teammates, my coaches, my Club and my community. In addition, I fully understand I will be forfeiting all monies paid to the Club through that time and my parents and I shall still be responsible to pay (1) all balances due (if any) to the Club and (2) my pro rata share of all Team Fees incurred by the team through the end of the current season.
6. I fully understand the Club encourages self-reporting of such violations. To that end, I fully understand that should I/we feel I/we need counseling help to correct one of the above mentioned addiction and/or behavioral problems before school officials, law enforcement or a coach of this club discovers a violation of this Off-Field Code of Conduct, I/we should immediately engage the services of a certified mental health care professional, schedule counseling sessions and thereafter notify either of our Directors of Soccer. In the event such proactive measures are taken by a parent or legal guardian, the Directors of Soccer shall have discretion to reduce the match/training/practice/event suspension penalties for a first offense violation as set forth in paragraphs #1, #2 and #3 above.
Competitive Team Waiver
Recognizing the possibility of physical injury associated with soccer and in consideration for the South Carolina United FC (SCUFC) accepting the registrant for participation in its select soccer tryouts, academy evaluations, team selection and activities (the “Programs”), I, as a parent or legal guardian of the player, understand that soccer is an active, physical sport, and that injuries can take place during play. I also do hereby assume responsibility for any accident injury or death that may occur while my child/ward is participating in any event sanctioned by South Carolina United FC. I for ourselves, our heirs, executors and administrators, waive, release and forever discharge SCUFC, SCYSA, USYSA and US Club and their staff, officers, agents, employees, representatives, successors, owners of fields and facilities utilized for the Programs and assign of and from all rights and claims for injury which may be sustained or occur during participation in a South Carolina United program and/or being transported to or from the same, which transportation I hereby authorize. My son/daughter has received a physical examination by a physician and has been found physically capable of participating in the Programs.
1. I understand that if my son/daughter accepts a position on a South Carolina United FC team, a nonrefundable Registration Fee, uniform payment (new players only) and team fee payment will be due by June 1. Remaining balances may be paid in equal payments due in July, August, September, and October for the 15U thru 19U teams and if applicable December, November, January, February or July, August, September, October, November, and December, and January, February, and March for 08U thru 14U players
2. I also understand that by accepting a position to a 08U thru 14U Competitive team, the commitment is for both the Fall and Spring seasons.
Player’s Club Fees
3. A player’s Club Fees are determined by his/her team assignment. Club Fees do not include Team Fees (i.e. tournament fees, coach’s travel expenses and general expenses incurred by the team).
4. If Club fees are not paid in full, remaining balances shall be paid in installments due July, August, September, and October, for 15U thru 19U players or July, August, September, October, November, and December, and January, February, and March for 08U thru 14U players
5. Payments may be made by check for full or online with AUTO draft.
6. If selecting to make payments, the Registration Fee and the July and August payment MUST be paid before a player will be issued a player card and/or uniform.
7. Any nonpayment in excess of 30 days may result in surrender of a player’s card. Players will not be allowed to practice, play games or participate in South Carolina United FC activities until all outstanding fees have been paid.
Player’s Team Fees
1. The Team Fees will be determined by each individual team and collected by the Team Manager.
2. Team Fees include tournament fees, coach’s travel expenses and individual travel or other expenses incurred by the team.
3. Payment arrangements for Team Fees MUST be made with the Team Manager.
4. Financial Aid granted the player by the club does not include the Team Fee Amount.
5. Any nonpayment in excess of 30 days may result in surrender of a player’s card. Players will not be allowed to practice, play games or participate in South Carolina United FC activities until all outstanding fees have been paid.
In accordance with established policies of South Carolina United FC and its Board of Directors, a parent or legal guardian of each player must agree to the following financial obligations and pay the initial non-refundable Registration Fee before the player will be allowed to practice, play games or participate in South Carolina United FC activities. By pressing the agree button below, you are agreeing to the following:
1. As a parent or legal guardian of player, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the player’s Club Fees, Team Fees, payment schedule and am financially responsible for the fees for the entire playing season. Refunds, less the $100 non-refundable Registration Fee, will only be issued for a season-ending injury or for moving out of the area.
2. I agree to pay South Carolina United FC by the deadlines above, unless the Treasurer has approved a written request for late payment in advance of the due date. If paying on-line you will get a notice 2 days before the payment is due.
3. I agree to pay all Team Fees directly to the Team Manager.
4. I understand that once I pay the non-refundable Registration Fee, and agree to this Contract, I am contractually bound to make ALL payments, including Team Fee payments and that I will not be able to transfer to another club until my financial obligation with South Carolina United has been fulfilled. I also acknowledge and appreciate the importance of making these payments in a timely manner to enable the Club and/or Team to cover league, association and Club/Team expenses on a timely basis.
5. I acknowledge, understand and agree that by choosing to pay my account in installments using my debit or credit card that I hereby authorize Demosphere, all banking institutions involved in the process and SCUFC to charge my debit or credit card all installment amounts on the dates each installment is due until my account is paid in full.
6. I understand that if I request a transfer to another club during the seasonal year, I must fulfill all financial obligations to South Carolina United before the transfer papers will be signed.
South Carolina United FC Volunteer Requirement
South Carolina United FC is an organization of players and volunteers. Fees do not cover all the costs of maintaining our soccer fields or running our tournaments. South Carolina United FC uses our tournaments, sales from the concession stand and sales from SpiritWear as fundraisers to help defer some of these costs and we cannot run them without the help of volunteers.
Some of the areas where Volunteers are used as follows:
● Carolina Cup (Tournament)
● St. Patrick's Day Cup (Tournament)
● Weekend Concessions
● SpiritWear Sales
● Facility Clean-up
● Special Projects
The volunteer requirement is 5 hours per player per season in each family. The fee if the volunteer hours are not completed is $75/child/season in each family.
South Carolina United FC Photo and Media Release
AS A TERM AND CONDITION of registering myself as a coach or volunteer or my child as a participant in any one or more of the Recreational, Pre-Academy, Jr. Academy, Select youth or adult soccer programs, including but not limited to leagues, camps, trainings, tournaments, events or cultural exchanges (hereinafter “SCUFC soccer programming”), whenever and wherever occurring which are owned by, operated by, managed by or affiliated with South Carolina United FC, the Columbia YMCA, South Carolina Youth Soccer, US Club Soccer or the United States Soccer Federation, IT IS EXPRESSLY UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED that I hereby (a) grant South Carolina United FC (hereinafter, “Club”) and the Columbia YMCA, and their respective representatives, employees and vendors the right to take photographs of me or my child in connection with either one of our, or both of our, respective participation in SCUFC soccer programming and (b) authorize the Club and/or the Columbia YMCA and their respective assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish without any compensation whatsoever any such photographs in print and/or electronic formats with or without our respective names included therewith for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, promotion and Web and other Social Media content and usage.
● Tryout/Evaluation Registration fees are NON-Refundable
● Club Registration Fees are NON-Refundable except for relocation out of the state and/or season ending injuries. Refund requests due to injuries require a doctor’s note and must be submitted before the end of the season.
● Team Fees are NON-Refundable.
By Selecting the "I agree" button below, I am agreeing to the following:
1. I and my son/daughter have read, understand and will adhere to the Player’s Code of Conduct as stated above.
2. I have read, understand and will adhere to the Parent’s Code of Conduct & Parent Agreement as stated above.
3. I and my son/daughter have read, understand and will adhere to the Off-Field Select Player’s Code of Conduct.
4. I am willing to volunteer a minimum of 5 hours per player per season registered to play to help South Carolina United during the season and/or to help during the South Carolina United FC sponsored tournaments and/or I will pay $75 per child per season.
5. I agree to the Financial Contract and understand that once I accept my son/daughter’s team assignment, I am responsible for all club and team fees for the entire year for my son/daughter.
6. I understand that the timely payment of club and team fees is paramount to running a successful club.
8. I agree to the Refund policies
9. I acknowledge, understand and agree that by choosing to pay my account in installments using my debit or credit card that I hereby authorize Demosphere, all banking institutions involved in the process and SCUFC to charge my debit or credit card all installment amounts on the dates each installment is due until my account is paid in full.