Junior Academy Registration Procedures and Evaluation Information
The Junior Academy program is designed for the more serious soccer player looking to develop his/her overall level of play. 8U through 10U players will be evaluated per SCYSA Academy evaluation guidelines and placed in player pools. Players that are evaluated to need additional training prior to entering the Junior Academy program may be recommended for recreational team placement.
- Every player who seeks to try out for a South Carolina United FC team must complete an online tryout registration and pay a tryout fee. Parents are encouraged to pre-register their children online instead of waiting in line to use a computer on site when they arrive for tryouts. If you pre-register your child for tryouts online, you will only pay a tryout fee of $40.00 for one player or $50.00 for any family with two or more siblings trying out for Select teams and/or Junior Academy teams. If you show up at tryouts without having already pre-registered your child online by the pre-registration cut-off date discussed below, you will be charged a $60.00 tryout fee per child (no family discount if you register onsite). The evaluation/tryout fee is nonrefundable.
- If you are currently registered and/or have be evaluated for a South Carolina United FC on a Select or Junior Academy team and have an online account for your child, you will use your existing account to register for the Junior Academy Evaluations. If you have never registered with South Carolina United FC for a Select or Junior Academy team or evaluation, you must first create an online account with South Carolina United FC and then you may register your child for the Junior Academy Evaluations. All new and returning players must register for Evaluations/Tryouts every year.
- If you do not pre-register online for Junior Academy Evaluations before the cut-off date, you will be required to register onsite on the first night the player attends and pay a $60 Onsite Registration Fee per player. There will be NO FAMILY discount with onsite registration.
- Before any player may participate in the Junior Academy Evaluations, a parent or legal guardian must accept the Liability Release/Parent Agreement.
- Each player must be registered in the correct age group for his or her age which is based upon his or her date of birth. (See “Age Group Chart” below.) EVERY player must attend the evaluations with his or her own age group.
- It is recommended that ALL players attend all evaluation sessions for his/her appropriate age group. All players MUST attend at least one of the evaluation sessions to be considered for Junior Academy involvement.
- Evaluation sessions will be conducted by a selection of the Club’s Competitive coaches with the Director of Competitive Soccer and Goalkeeping Director assisting. Players will be assessed by way of small-sided and/or full-sided play and skill drills.