Tips for When You Hit the Drive Thru
A fast food meal doesn’t have to be unhealthy. If you are eating at a fast food restaurant, here are a few tips on eating healthy:
- Check out the nutritional facts. Most fast food restaurants have Apps you can download on your smartphone that include their menus.
- Choose items that are grilled instead of fried. And just because you’ve opted for a grilled chicken sandwich doesn’t mean you can drown it mayo or ketchup.
- Opt for a bottle of water over all soda, including diet soda.
- Ask if you can substitute a healthy side salad, fruit cup or a baked potato instead of French fries.
- Not all salads are healthy. Two to four tablespoons of dressing can add 300+ calories to your salad, most of it from fat. Select low-calorie dressings and limit the amount you use. Limit the high-calorie foods like croutons, nuts and cheese.